NativeExcel2 for .NET is a high-performance solution
that allows to create, read and modify Excel spreadsheets on the
fly from any .NET application.
A key feature of this version of NativeExcel is support for XLSX file format (Excel 2007/2010 file format).
NativeExcel2 does not require installed Microsoft Excel on the user's computer,
it writes and reads excel files directly.
NativeExcel2 is a single DLL written completely in managed C#.
- Support for XLSX file format
- Create, read, modify and write excel files without Microsoft Excel.
- Access any cell values (number, string, date, boolean, formula)
- Reading of password protected (encrypted) excel files
- Calculation engine to perform computation on the cells
- Images support
- Cell attributes (alignment, orientation, comments, borders, background attributes, and so on)
- Font attributes (font name, font size, color, decoration, and so on)
- Merged cells
- Group, UnGroup rows and columns
- Unicode characters support
- Copy, move, insert, delete and clear rows, columns and cells
- Worksheet attributes (name, protection, selection, splitting and so on)
- Printing attributes (page size, orientation, margins, footer, header, page breaks, print area and so on)
- Exporting workbooks and worksheets to HTML, CSV, TSV format
- High performance (30000-40000 values per second)
- Convenient object model
- Support for all Excel formatting options
- Microsoft Office is not required
The current implementation for XLSX file format has some temporary limitations
The following features are not supported:
- Any kind of graphic objects (images, notes, graphs, buttons etc.)
- External references in formulas (references to external workbooks)
- Data validation
We are going to add support for all these features in the near future.
Version history see here.